Pages

Monday 11 April 2016

HIPPO HOBO BAG Design by Emkie Designs







Hippo Hobo Bag design is by Emkie Designs.

I have a leather factory about 40 mins from home, and on my way past one day I dropped in and they had this beautiful small hide of red leather in the "not so perfect bin", as it has some small marks in random places. so of course I purchased it and waited and waited to I found the perfect bag to create with it.
When Emkie Designs published the Hippo Hobo I just knew I had the right design to use my special piece of leather. I had also been saving this navy blue volcano print decor weight fabric, and yes, what a perfect pairing.
I only changed one small thing. I made my leather strap adjustable as I do like to carry my bags across my body.
Purchasing my hardware as a set from Handbag Hardware OZ on Etsy, was a breeze, oh and it arrived the day after I ordered it! 
The interfacing, decor weight and leather make this a very sturdy bag, while maintaining its "coolness".
I cost all bags I make on a very flash spreadsheet I created for myself, and this one came in quite expensive due to the leather. I can and will make this bag again and will take custom orders, however  I won't be able to include leather as the trim due to the cost. I do have some faux leather and faux suede, which would look awesome. 
You know the drill, leave me a note right here on my blog and I will get back to you with fabric choices and costs. 



No comments:

Post a Comment